Ballot Access Coordinator Position
The Maryland Green Party is currently hiring for the contract position of “Ballot Access Coordinator”. It will be the responsibility of the coordinator to oversee all operations involved with leading a successful petitioning drive for party ballot access.
The position will be for 15 Hours a week and will pay $15/hour. The position extends through the end of 2019 and may be extended further if necessary. The position will report to the Petition Chair and to the party Co-Chairs.
Organizing experience, and familiarity with social media and web based platforms is required, petitioning experience is preferred. Preference is given to people with experience with Maryland Green Party campaigns.
The expectation is that on average 10 hours a week are spent coordinating local Greens/chapters and 5 hours a week are spent petitioning .
After 6 weeks there will be an evaluation to see if the job is working for the person in this role and the Maryland Green Party
The position is a contract position that will be paid by stipend and the person hired will be responsible for taxes.
Responsibilities of the position include:
Volunteer Coordination and Recruitment
- coordinate scheduling, planning, and execution of at least 3-5 petitioning events per week
- activate at least 100 volunteers across the local chapters.
- manage and coordinate volunteer efforts at petitioning events
- utilize various social media and electronic outlets to promote petitioning opportunities-
- provide bi-weekly updates to MGP CC regarding progress on recruiting volunteers, and regular counts of our progress toward goal
- assure all volunteer gathered petitions are delivered to the petitioning chair (Tim Willard)
- maintain records in NationBuilder of all contacts.
- set a good example for the team, and collect approximately 150 signatures per week
Submit cover letter, resume, and two references to [email protected]