Published June 12, 2022
These candidates won election as of June 12, 2022:
- Co-Chair Charlotte McBrearty
- Recording Secretary Mary Rooker
- National Committee Delegates Devonie Doles and Mary Rooker
Voting occurred between May 22 and June 12. Some seats had no candidates. Per MGP bylaws 5.2.3, if a seat remains unfilled after the election, nominations shall immediately re-open for that position and remain open for 30 days. None of the candidates previously listed on the ballot for that position shall be eligible to be nominated. A new election shall take place, following all the rules outlined in Article 5 of the MGP bylaws.
New Call for Candidates to Fill Vacancies
Nominations are being accepted through July 12, 2022 for the following positions:
- Co-Chair (2nd position)
- Membership Coordinator (One Position)
- Treasurer (One Position)
- Delegate to the National Committee (One Position)
- Alternate Delegate to the National Committee (Three Positions)
Details of Officer Duties
- share responsibility for facilitating all MGP Assemblies and Coordinating Council meetings,
- carry out much of the day-to-day administrative work and ensure that work gets done,
- are the main public spokespersons for the MGP, and
- serve on one or more committees.
- maintains the financial books of the MGP,
- works with the finance committee to develop a budget,
- files all necessary election reports and forms to comply with federal and state election laws in a timely manner,
- maintains all bank and financial accounts for the organization, and
- makes a public accounting of the finances of the organization at each MGP Assembly for the period since the last MGP Assembly.
- maintains the contact information of all members and Locals for the purposes of communicating with members and Locals and
- with the assistance of the Membership Committee, organizes efforts to recruit and retain members.
Delegates and Alternate Delegates to the GPUS
- track discussions at the national level,
- seek input from and report back to the MGP on these discussions and issues, and
- delegates vote on issues brought before the National Committee; alternates vote if a delegate cannot.